Place An Obituary
Please use this form to submit an obituary notice for the News Tribune, the Puyallup Herald, or the Peninsula Gateway from the comfort of your computer. After you complete and submit this form, one of our representatives will contact you by phone to confirm information and text, and quote a rate for the obituary notice.
We recommend that you submit your information by noon to allow e-mail delivery, response, and composing time to meet the obituary deadlines. Staff is available Monday through Friday from 8AM - 4PM. Closed Saturday and Sunday. TheNewsTribune.com cannot be responsible for lost or delayed e-mail.
All obituary notices in the News Tribune, the Puyallup Herald, and the Peninsula Gateway are paid notices. The cost of a notice depends entirely on the length of the notice.
- There are approximately 5 words per line and heading lines count as 2 lines. To estimate the number of lines yourself, count the words in your text and divide by 5. The cost per line is $8.57 daily and $8.73 Sunday for the News Tribune, $5.07 for the Herald, and $3.74 for the Gateway. There is a set-up charge of $17.50 in addition to the cost of the text.
- Photos publish in a standard 1-3/4 inches of space. We accept photos in JPEG or TIFF format, with a minimum resolution of 175 dpi, in a file size smaller than 3mb and can be attached through this form. The estimated cost per photo is $120 daily / $123 Sunday for the News Tribune, $71.00 for the Herald, and $53.00 for the Gateway.
- Prepayment is required on all Obituary notices. You will be contacted by a representative to approve charges. Please have your credit card ready.
- Additional copies of the issue of the News Tribune containing your obituary notice are available to customers within our normal delivery area. Please ask for details.
- For notices which refer the reader to a website or email address, we require a minimum length of 18 lines, which is approximately 90 words.
Online Obituary Information
Obituary notices, including both text and photos, appear on TheNewsTribune.com and are archived indefinitely in TheNewsTribune.com's searchable database. Online guest books will be available via Legacy.com permanently.